New date: Tuesday, March 26th, 2024
Join us for a one-day Highway Safety conference with Highway Safety Professionals from across New England!
The conference will be held at the Killington Grand Hotel & Conference Center in Killington, Vermont.
Tentative Agenda (more details on breakout sessions coming soon):
MC: Sergeant Jay Riggen, Vermont State Police
Welcome by Agency of Transportation Secretary Joe Flynn
Opening Plenary Session: Dr. Darrin Grondel, Senior Vice President, Traffic Safety Responsibility.org
Morning Session 1:
- What You Don't Know Can Hurt You: The Consequences of Masking Traffic Offenses
- Presented by Jim Camp, Senior Attorney, National Traffic Law Center
- Winning Your Case in Testimony
- Presented by VT TSRPs
Morning Session 2:
- More details coming soon
Lunch Plenary Session: Fletcher Cleaves. Learn more about him here.
Afternoon Session 1:
- Traffic Records
- Presented by Tara Casanova-Powell, Executive Director, Association of Transportation Safety Information Professionals (ATSIP)
- Crash Data
- Presented by the VTrans Data Unit (Mandy Shatney & Team)
Afternoon Session 2:
- Choices Matter: Community Engagement
- Presented by Dustin J. Skilbred, Esq., Partner, Alliance Highway Safety
- Media, Outreach, and Engagement: Drive Well Vermont
- Presented by HMC and the VT SHSO
Professional development hour certificates will be available.
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided.
To book a hotel room at the Killington Grand using our room block information, click here.
Interested in making a weekend of your trip? Killington will be spinning lifts for skiing and boarding during this time frame! We're also working on organizing one-ride gondola passes if you'd like to go up the gondola to the Peak Lodge to take in the view. More information coming soon!